After a recent Android update, your HTC Incredible may have stopped receiving text messages. After an hour on the phone with Verizon Wireless customer service got me no where, I turned to the interwebs. Check out this message thread. The long and the short of is that you need to download and install a hotfix. Go to this URL with your phone’s web browser:
After the download completes, slide down the notification bar and click the file. You’ll need to enable installation of non-market apps for the hotfix to work, and you’ll be prompted to do so when you click the file. If you’re not, do Menu -> Settings – > Applications -> Unknown Sources and check it.
After you run the file all the messages you missed will download.
Here are the details of my phone, you might want to check your own before trying this hotfix on yours:
- Hardware Version: 0003
- Android Version: 2.3.4
- Baseband Version: 2.15.10.07.07
- Kernel Version: 184.108.40.206-g55a06e5 / htc-kernel@and18-2 #1 / Thu Aug 16 16:33:55 CST 2011
- Build Number: 4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys
- Software Number: 4.06.605.3
- Browser Version: WebKit/533.1
- PRI Version: 1.28_002
- PRL Version: 52501
- ERI Version: 5